Thursday, February 14, 2008

Whine whine whine

I'm trying to cut down on the mopey, "emo" posts here. I have multiple motivations for blogging, but the biggest one is to document my feelings and actions for the benefit of others in the same boat. Ranting repetitively about how I feel at work probably isn't that helpful to that end. (However, the second-biggest motivation for blogging is to use it as a coping mechanism, and repetitive rants are great for that purpose!)

Just thinking a lot about the need for stimulation.... rewarding myself for not surfing (too much), clapping my hands, imagining a marching band doing circles around my brain, whatever I have to do to survive.

One thing that would probably help, based on my career counselor's recommendation, is to take more (or in my case, clearer) breaks during the day. I goof off plenty during the day, but more important is to actually get up from the computer and walk around a bit.

No comments: