Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The value of meeting other INFPs

As I mentioned last week I need to blog here more when I'm not desperately unhappy. Actually, having a blog as an imaginary friend to help you cope is probably healthy, if a little scary when I put it in those terms. But I'd like this to be more, something more generally interesting.

I want to share more good resources for INFPs. So far the one I've used most frequently is a really excellent Facebook group called INFP's Unite! It's really been remarkable to meet so many people who see the world the same way I do. I joke that it's the first time I've been on a message board where I wasn't the one making the long and involved posts. And I'm about to get into a verbal sparring match with a communist who feels my brainstorming about the idea of a company run by INFPs is "repulsive". What fun!

There's a pretty active INFP message board at Global Chatter: http://infp.globalchatter.com/messageboard/ . As far as I can tell, that site sets a cookie when you first visit to make it really hard to view any message boards other than your own type, so perhaps you should visit your own type if you're not INFP! But I haven't gotten involved there yet because I can imagine how much time I would spend.

I joined the mailing list at http://list.ambertides.org/listinfo.cgi/infp-ambertides.org , but then it frustrated me because the subject lines of the posts aren't marked. I really just need to set up a proper Google filter for those posts but I'm lazy.

Meeting other INFPs has been incredibly helpful to me. Actually it turns out one of my Web freelancing contacts is also INFP -- he announced this by asking, "Do the letters INFP mean anything to you?" which gave me a chuckle -- so we had a good talk about career stuff after that.

No comments: