Friday, January 11, 2008

Struggling to make sense of it all

On one hand, I'm told God wants me to learn to be content despite the circumstances, to just trust him, to rest in him, to accept my time in the desert no matter how long it may be, and never despair, and never question that this time of not being where I want or doing what I wish is meant for my own benefit and refinement.

On the other, it seems God made me like this, ADHD, restless, easily bored, and I can't stop wondering if this restlessness is to keep me from getting complacent with second- or third-best, to make me aspire to excellence rather than mediocrity. And that means trusting the intuition God's given me that, when the time comes to make a change, it's time. I'm not getting any younger, and youth isn't forever.

Does this make any sense?

No comments: